DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – TARC
Job Description: The Director of Development leads all aspects of fundraising activities to support the programs and services of TARC.
. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field with specialized training in Fund Raising Management highly desirable.
. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or development
Knowledge of the principles and practices of development including but not limited to:
. Individual Gifts & Donor Relations
. Corporate Gifts & Sponsorships
. Research to identify potential individual, corporate, governmental and foundation sources of support
. Writing foundation proposals for grants to support programs and projects
. Annual Giving Campaigns
. Planned Giving
. Donor Management Systems
. Direct Mail Appeals
. Annual Development Goal setting and planning
Personal skills in:
. The principles and practices of effective communications, public relations, and advertising.
. Soliciting and successfully closing gift agreements in compliance with TARC’s policies as well as local, state, and federal legislation.
. Maintaining effective relationships with a diverse group of people and while remaining sensitive to their concerns.
. Ability to maintain the security, accountability, and confidentiality of donated funds and/or assets.
. Public speaking
. Working effectively and efficiently with a range of people including management, staff, donors, boards
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS :
. Must be a licensed driver and have available transportation.
. Must be committed to a philosophy of community integration for individuals with disabilities.
. Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
. Evening and weekend work is required.
Job Description Summary:
TARC was founded in 1952 and is committed to ensuring a high quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families through education, empowerment, support and advocacy. Achieving this mission requires a comprehensive fundraising strategy lead by the Director of Development in collaboration with other staff and volunteers.
1. Review and discuss agency’s development vision and expectations with the Executive Director.
2. Develop, review and execute annual Development/Fundraising plan including goals and action steps. Review progress monthly with the Executive Director.
3. Proactively identify, solicit and cultivate relationships with prospective and current donors from private foundations, corporations, major donors and annual donors in order to develop, secure and maintain ongoing and new income sources.
4. Plan and executive fundraising special events and campaigns.
5. Collaborate with Communications staff to ensure that all donor communications, event collateral and public relations functions necessary to promote and conduct fundraising programs.
6. Research new funding sources including grant funding from local, private, state and federal sources to ensure adequate growth to support organization’s current and future programming.
7. Serves as a primary staff member for Development Committee, all fundraising committees and other committees as necessary.
8. Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of all fundraising receipts in the donor database. Timely processing and mailing of grant agreements, donor thank you letters and receipts.
9. Coordinate with the accounting department to reconcile donor records and accounting systems monthly.
10. Budget development and management for all fundraising/development related activities.
These job duties and other information of this job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Additional Information: TO APPLY :
Send cover letter describing your interest in the position and complete resume outlining relevant experience/qualifications with salary history to TARC, 2516 E. 71st Street, Tulsa, OK 74136 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE