Become a Member
When you join TARC, you become part of an established system that, for more than 60 years, has fought to enable people with developmental disabilities to live fulfilling, self-directed lives in the community of their choice.
Included among the benefits of TARC membership are:
- Participation in a strong advocacy voice that is heard on the local, state, and national levels.
- Receipt of quarterly newsletters that keep you informed about current events and important developments in the field of developmental disabilities, legislative action, volunteer opportunities, special needs, and special events.
- A voice in TARC governance through your vote to elect new directors and revise bylaws.
- Membership in The Arc
When you join TARC, your annual dues payment helps us to:
- Create community awareness of developmental disabilities and related issues.
- Help consumers identify needs and secure services.
- Promote legislative awareness and social action.
- Provide information, formal training, and technical support on developmental disabilities topics.
- Convene support groups and coordinate the efforts of consumers.
- Coordinate volunteers to advocate for people with disabilities who do not have family members to assist them.
- Help people speak for themselves.
The costs of the different levels of TARC membership are as follows:
Individual membership: $50 per year
Family membership: $90 per year
Self-Advocate: $35 per year